Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you provide technical expertise to some of the most challenging projects worldwide? If you are specialised in development of engineering design for ELV systems, in the underground structures, metros and tunnels, then, this could be the next step in your career.
JOIN COWI TUNNEL'S TEAM IN GURGAON
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
By joining the team, you will become part of our Tunnels and Underground Structures 120 skilled professionals in India, and of the geotechnical team that in collaboration with Specialists elsewhere in COWI's Business Line International deliver projects globally
TURN CHALLENGES INTO SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS
As an ELV Systems Senior Engineer you will join our global team of experts and will report to Head of Section (HOS), MEP Engineering, Tunnels and Underground Structures.
Your key responsibility will be producing/checking designs and calculations for a variety of ELV systems, liaising with clients and other stakeholders and mentoring young engineers
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Develop the conceptual design and produce engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements within your field
- Develop and implement design best practices in the areas of expertise, in addition to ensuring conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Be preparing/checking calculations, drawings and writing reports
- Assisting with tenders and bids
- Manage project with multi-disciplinary teams
- Inspect and document electrical systems
- Support HOS in planning, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned project(s)
- Work to build relationships with clients and other stakeholders
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best, and extend your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development, and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis working on global and local assignments.
To succeed in this position, you should be an effective communicator with excellent written & spoken English skill. In addition, you should have ability to work in multicultural environment & be able to perform under tight deadlines.
Furthermore, to align with the organisations overarching driver of technical excellence, you should:
- Hold a Bachelors/Master's degree in Electronics, Communications, Instrumentation or Electrical engineering and have minimum 14 years of relevant experience in underground structures, metros and tunnels.
- Have experience of engineering design on the Security Systems (CCTV, Access Control Audio Visual System and IDS), Fire Alarm & Detection System, ICT Systems (Telecommunication System, Data Networking and Radio System), Building Automation Systems/Building Management System, SCADA, Parking Management System and Automation Solutions (Gate Barrier and Bollards). Experience on Traffic Management System and Low Voltage Systems would be an added advantage.
- Have experience working on international projects
- Have some exposure to BIM and Navisworks, particularly to place the major equipment and main route for the cable trays/ducts in order to carry out the spatial planning
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of appropriate ELV systems and up to date it-applications. Experience on software will be preferred
- Be self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your CV and application as soon as possible as the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.