Login to Save this vacancyCountry:
Advertising End Date:
31 Jan 2021
About The Opportunity
What you’ll do
Be a key technical member of a cross functional team that focuses on simulation and control algorithm development for torque management systems.
Lead the development activities in one of the following domains:
- Actuator Control: Algorithms for Electro-Hydraulic and Electro-Mechanical Systems with focus on solenoid, switch, relay, valve, motor, and other AWD mechatronics components.
- Traction and Stability Control: Algorithms based on Vehicle and Tire dynamics to better manage torque while improving fuel efficiency.
- Simulation Framework: Parametric mathematical models to produce system-level vehicle dynamics behavior using CarSim and/or Dyna4.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review internal/external customer specifications and evaluate requirements against existing controls features to determine new feature development.
- Act as GKN’s technical interface with the customer.
Simulation and Modeling:
- Develop controls algorithms for Rapid Prototype and/or Production systems using CAE tools
- Develop plant models and Co-Simulation framework representing vehicle dynamics and AWD hardware for co-simulation with controls functions
- Build AutoCode, S-Functions and release artifacts for integration and deployment in ECU, Dyno simulation, etc.
- Use fixed point arithmetic for complex algorithms to be represented in ECU SW
Verification and Testing:
- Develop verification plans for functional accuracy and robustness
- Perform functional testing using methodologies s.a. MIL, SIL, PIL, HIL
- Support calibration and mapping activities at Rig, Dyno and Vehicle
- Document and Create standards, guidelines and procedures for testing, review and approval criteria’s
- Provide and manage controls support for problem solving activities (i.e.: NVH, risk assessment)
- Support execution of the annual winter test activities in the region for customers programs and GKN internal demands
- Coordinate data acquisition for accuracy of control and plant models
- Configuration Management and ALM
- Document and manage traceability of all items from conception to production in GKN ALM system (PTC Integrity)
- Ensure proper configuration management for development materials and reports as per GKN GESys process.
- Lead and actively seek collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and customers
Project lead for specific programs.
- Go-to person for the team and the stakeholders.
- Attends Change Control Boards (CCBs) and support decision making.
- Work with Global Core team.
- Guide the Team during complex technical decisions or defect analysis.
- Main contact for the Software PEM for the communication flow to the sub-development team.
- Development of advanced control systems for future programs.
- Solid understanding of full control system, TASC, Actuator and Simulation Technologies.
- Lead responsible person for the delivery quality.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Automotive/ Controls) and 3 years of relevant work experience
Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Automotive / Controls) and 1 year of relevant work experience
Software / Tool Exposure:
- dSpace Targetlink, RPC - MicroAutoBox
- Vector CANalyzer, CANape, ATI-VISION, ETAS-INCA
- Vehicle bus architecture (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray)
- Data acquisition instrumentation, wiring/harness
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics
- Understanding of Control Theories
- Familiar with mechatronic systems
- Experience with Model Based Development & Testing tools
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Available to travel as needed to support vehicle development activities within and outside USA: 10%
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. United States