UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change. As an Actuarial Analyst ALDP (Actuarial Leadership Development Program), you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's elite actuarial team committed to changing health care through outstanding service, valuable products, measurable savings and health care plans designed to fit members' lives, year after year. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
You should be ready to face a number of demanding, diverse and complex challenges in the actuarial space. You will need a high level of creativity to solve complex actuarial problems while also developing your leadership and project management skills.
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us.
- Prepare Medicare Advantage bids submitted to CMS annually
- Conduct data analysis and prepare reports for Medicare Advantage submissions
- Understand and interpret the key drivers of health care trends; projecting expected revenue and cost
- Develop pricing methodologies and assumptions
- Conduct and evaluate studies on pricing, utilization and health care costs
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to provide management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Perform quantitative analysis of actuarial, financial, utilization and costs data
- Analyze forecasts and trends to help leaders make decisions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Actuarial experience
- On the Actuarial exam track, having passed 2 or more Actuarial exams
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working in the finance-related field of the health care industry
- Basic or higher level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial, Actuary, Medicare Advantage, Pricing Methodologies, Actuarial Modeling, Forecasts, Actuarial Exams, SAS, SQL, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota