Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Counsel, Data Privacy & Security Legal
- London, United Kingdom
- Legal and Public Policy
Work location: Amsterdam or London
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. As a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about complex questions. Our legal team is no exception. We think critically about the range of legal issues our business faces and act in a manner consistent with our freedom and responsibility culture, one marked by a bias toward action, collaborative work, candid discussions, by leaning into smart risks and taking ownership of bold decisions. Our culture is unique, and we live by our values. We encourage learning more about Netflix through our and .
This candidate will advance compliance with privacy/data protection and security laws in an innovative, risk-based manner that allows our business to grow and expand, drawing on knowledge and experience with specific government/industry requirements and best practices. This position will support engagement with data protection authorities and policymakers to respond to inquiries from regulators and will partner internally to shape issues important to Netflix and our subscribers. The position will also support investigations, breach notification, incident management and adapt compliance practices proactively. Significant experience with online and mobile privacy, digital advertising, cloud computing and analytics, and information security will also be essential. In addition, the candidate will have experience building strong partnerships and educating about complex regulatory schemes across legal, compliance, technical infrastructure, product management, sales and marketing, and internal audit.
- Qualified Lawyer, the preferred candidate has both law firm and in-house experience
- Strong substantive knowledge of EEA/UK privacy and security laws [specifically] the GDPR as well as a working knowledge of international privacy and data protection laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting
- Strong collaborative leadership skills
- Language skills: English required, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish and/or German a plus
- A sense of humour