Select Test to View ABTest Viewer
Counsel, Core Legal - Korea
- Seoul, South Korea
- Legal and Public Policy
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The OpportunityAs a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about complex questions. Our legal team is no exception. We think critically about the range of legal issues our business faces and act in a manner consistent with our freedom and responsibility culture, one marked by a bias toward action, collaborative work, candid discussions, by leaning into smart risks and taking ownership of bold decisions.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast-growing media and tech company that is changing the future of entertainment around the world. The Legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to innovate and find effective and efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, an effective cross-cultural communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. She or he will also be excited and inspired by the .
- We are looking for a talented lawyer to join our Core Legal team in Seoul, Korea. Asia Pacific (APAC) is one of our fastest growing regions, and in this role for Korea, you will be instrumental in helping our team deliver fast and practical solutions for a wide range of legal issues, including business development, commercial transactions and litigation.
- The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include supporting business partners on legal matters such as drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements, handling regulatory and dispute matters, and conducting internal training/workshops and creating precedents/toolkits to help increase efficiency and legal IQ.
- 7 ~10 years of relevant experience either in-house or at a leading law firm and although not required, strong experience in the internet, technology or media sectors, familiarity with relevant legal issues and agreements, would be preferred.
- Prior experience in a few of the following areas: commercial contracts; deal structuring, M&A; employment; contract administration; litigation; internal investigation and regulatory compliance.
- Strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Ability to understand and work with commercial and legal ambiguity and nuance to find creative and practical solutions;
- Ability to learn quickly and tackle new subjects outside area of expertise;
- Ability to work proactively, independently, collaboratively and reliably under pressure; and
- Flexibility to work across different time zones.
- Strong English and Korean language skills (drafting and speaking)